We all know how important it is to make sure we’ve got our SEO bases covered, but sometimes it’s difficult to get around to it. That’s why we worked with the San Luis Obispo Small Business Development Center, and the Cal Poly Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, to compile a list of resources that make it easy for IT Professionals to boost their SEO Rankings. The end result was step-by-step e-book that the SBDC is now selling for $39.99. We were able to snag some of the key points from it to give to you for free. Each of the following resources will give you plenty of work to do. Feel free to let us know if you have any resources to add to the list.
- Use semrush.com to analyze your existing traffic and keywords, and your competitors’.
- Use getlisted.org to make sure you’ve got your local listings covered.
- Use woorank.com to locate website issues hampering your SEO.
- Use marketing.grader.com to make sure your social media and blogging are up to par.
- Set up Google Analytics tracking and funnels to understand your users behavior and demographics.
- Get listed on computer repair directories such: ACRBO, Nation Wide Computer Techs, Find Me a Tech, PC Repair Directory, and MSN Business Directory.
If you’ve got everything checked off from those top 4 resources, and you’re monitoring your traffic while building it with social media and blogging, you should be good to go with organic search. If you can keep that moving, it might be time to start experimenting with paid search. Many hosting providers give you free coupons for Google Adwords and Facebook advertising, so it shouldn’t be difficult to try a few channels out at no risk. Stay tuned for a future blog post on that.
For more information, make sure to check out the full e-book Search Engine Optimization Tools 101: A Step By Step Guide. it’s a great read and worth the investment if you’re serious about your SEO.