Over the past few months, we’ve been hard at work getting Kabuto (PK) ready for all computer techs out there. We’ve made awesome progress. In just a two months we’ve gone from zero code to almost 70% completion! Kudos to our development and product research groups for moving so quickly.
On with with updates!
The layout and functionality of the Windows application is near completion. There are a few little tweaks to finish before taking off the wrapping and showing the world. Its very likely our next update will have some product demo videos showing off…
- The quick installation process
- The experience a client will have when an error is detected
- The experience a technician has when a monitored computer has an error
- The experience a technician has when a client requests service
List of triggers
We’ve nailed down the list of triggers that will be shipping with the first release of PK. We can happily say that you will be able to detect the following on your client’s machines:
- Missing AV
- Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)
- SMART Drive Status
- Firewall Settings
- Low Disk Drive Space
- Disk Fragmentation
- Device Manager Flags
- Time Based
As promised, PK will be released with monitoring capabilities. As one of the more crucial features, we’ve spent a large amount of time making sure we’ve nailed this. In our initial release, it will be possible to see what issues have occurred on any monitored computer. We are also happy to announce that we will be launching with toggled notifications. Techs will have the ability to be instantly notified when PK detects an issue. For higher volume management, daily summary emails are available as well.
We’ve added in command-line parameters so you can install silently. To check out the available command-line arguments, checkout our help center article. We’ll be adding other relevant articles there as they we get closer to the release date.
Kabuto has tons of potential to build business for everyone in IT. We’re incredibly lucky to be working on yet another exciting project, we just can’t keep still about it. So as we press on to make it available to you, here are the remaining focuses for PK’s development.
- We have lots of work left to improve the notification system. This is where some serious development time will be placed to make managing large groups easier
- The UI for PK’s Dashboard another focus. The experience needs to be smooth as butter, intuitive, dynamic, and informative. That’s a tall order for most IT companies but we are up to the challenge. We look forward to hearing what you think!
That’s all for this update. Have any questions? Or better yet, do you have any ideas to make PK more useful? Let us know!
To get regular and more immediate updates about Kabuto, signup for our mailing list!